Tuesday, April 21, 2015

What Singing Means to Me

When I get up and do karaoke at II Brothers with Presley, or at Rix with Danny. For the most part I either do songs I know and like really well, or have done them before when I went to karaoke a few years ago. I have several ways really of the way I pick song. I'm usually all over the places. Sometimes I will do a song that has meaning to me. Other times I will do a song that I just plain like. Other times I will do a song that I have learned from going to see cover bands play, and they have played the song, and I liked so I will try, and learn it on my own. 
Even though that's how I pick my songs. I still sometimes get confused where to start the song, or when not to sing.So sometimes I feel more comfortable singing with someone, but I don't always get that if my friends don't know the song, which is okay i usually handle it good, but for me its much more fun to sing with someone not just for back-up, but just because I feel more comfortable doing it that, but sometimes I'm all over the place my friends don't know the song. Like seriously I'm all over the place. I can start with country, and end with like a Journey song, and other stuff in between depends how many times I get up there.

I have to give up to my best friend Presley, because we've been singing together in a non-full band setting for a while now. Most of the time karaoke, one time when he did a jam session with some musicians there was no lyrics. I just followed him. He's really easy follow guide you through songs.

 The other person I have to give a hand to is Danny, because even though his karaoke new he's helped by getting up on stage so I can see the lyrics, and sometimes with the singing.

Sometimes it's hard to tell if either are singing with me, but I like to get up there, and not just be the girl in the wheelchair with a whole bunch of medical issues right now. I want to be the girl who can sing even if I screw up. Although I'm tough on myself, because I've always wanted to do a little singing ever since I found my voice I don't know have memory to memorize songs. 

No comments:

Post a Comment